History

Kirovets - Historical Background

 

Kirovets tractors are made in the city of Saint Petersburg in the Russian Federation. The tractor plant is a major unit of the Kirov Group, a large holding of industrial firms servicing the agricultural, energy, oil and gas, nuclear power and shipbuilding sectors. The group can trace its beginnings to a small iron foundry established in 1789.

 

The business has operated from the current site since 1801.

 

Following its acquisition by Nikolai Putilov in 1868, the business grew rapidly. As the Putilov Iron Works, the firm became one of the largest enterprises in Imperial Russia. Products included steel rails, steam engines, locomotives, ships and armaments.

 

Mass production of tractors began in 1924 with the licenced manufacture of Fordson-Putilovets machines. A larger model, the Universal, was introduced in 1932. This was another licence-built American machine, the Farmall, and was produced until 1940.

By the the late 1930s the plant was developing its own tractor designs. The first of these a track-laying machine, the KD-35, was produced in other tractor plants between 1945 and 1960.

The first big Kirovets wheeled tractor was the K-700, inspired by the large articulated designs developed in the USA by Elmer Wagner during the 1950s. The prototype batch was ready by July, 1962 and, after a thorough evaluation, the K-700 commenced mass production in September, 1964.

 

The K-700 was replaced by the K-700A and K-701 in 1975. The definitive Kirovets, these handsome and capable machines were produced in large numbers for the next quarter of a century. Even forty years on, many thousands of these durable machines are still at work around the world.

 

A more powerful 350 hp model, the K-701M, was added in 1985.

 

With the end of the USSR in December 1991, the factory became, after nearly three quarters of a century, a private company once again.

 

A full re-design of the machine followed privatisation. The new model, the K-744, entered mass production in 2002. This model has been continuously improved and upgraded; the latest version is the K-744R.

 

Contact Us

Submitting Form...

The server encountered an error.

Form received.

APCO Machinery

Level 10, 492 St Kilda Road

Melbourne 3004

Tel: 03 9866 3272

Email: mail@kirovets.com.au

History

Kirovets - Historical Background

 

Kirovets tractors are made in the city of Saint Petersburg in the Russian Federation. The tractor plant is a major unit of the Kirov Group, a large holding of industrial firms servicing the agricultural, energy, oil and gas, nuclear power and shipbuilding sectors. The group can trace its beginnings to a small iron foundry established in 1789.

 

The business has operated from the current site since 1801.

 

Following its acquisition by Nikolai Putilov in 1868, the business grew rapidly. As the Putilov Iron Works, the firm became one of the largest enterprises in Imperial Russia. Products included steel rails, steam engines, locomotives, ships and armaments.

 

Mass production of tractors began in 1924 with the licenced manufacture of Fordson-Putilovets machines. A larger model, the Universal, was introduced in 1932. This was another licence-built American machine, the Farmall, and was produced until 1940.

By the the late 1930s the plant was developing its own tractor designs. The first of these a track-laying machine, the KD-35, was produced in other tractor plants between 1945 and 1960.

The first big Kirovets wheeled tractor was the K-700, inspired by the large articulated designs developed in the USA by Elmer Wagner during the 1950s. The prototype batch was ready by July, 1962 and, after a thorough evaluation, the K-700 commenced mass production in September, 1964.

 

The K-700 was replaced by the K-700A and K-701 in 1975. The definitive Kirovets, these handsome and capable machines were produced in large numbers for the next quarter of a century. Even forty years on, many thousands of these durable machines are still at work around the world.

 

A more powerful 350 hp model, the K-701M, was added in 1985.

 

With the end of the USSR in December 1991, the factory became, after nearly three quarters of a century, a private company once again.

 

A full re-design of the machine followed privatisation. The new model, the K-744, entered mass production in 2002. This model has been continuously improved and upgraded; the latest version is the K-744R.

 

Contact Us

Submitting Form...

The server encountered an error.

Form received.

APCO Machinery

Level 10, 492 St Kilda Road

Melbourne 3004

Tel: 03 9866 3272

Email: mail@apcomachinery.com.au